Saturday, September 26, 2009

WoolLights


I made this candle lights shell (I'm not sure how I call it yet) today for the wedding anniversary gift to my friends. I have purchased a quite few Wendsleydale wool to make them. There are several colors but I am glad I did not use red for this otherwise it would look like "heart organ", doesn't it? This is light lime green. I am very happy with it.
I have been struggling to find a right candle glass I can put in the wool shell. Its height should be more than 6cm so the candle flame wouldn’t come out of the glass. Even though wool generally wouldn’t catch the flame (amazing!) it’s safer to use one with certain height. Then it should be a cylinder shape. I found them at IKEA. It was not candle holder but a drinking glass. I was so happy when I found it. Didn’t cost much either.
I used a sanding machine when I made this it helped me to save a lot of time

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please feel free to write anything to me (something nice is always welcome!).