Monday, March 29, 2010

Rubber stmps!

I shoud admit that I have a whole kit to make rubber stamps from Japan because I am always fascinated by stamps and prints since i was little, but somehow I had a mental block to make it. I did not know why. Drawing, painting, felting .... No problem. However, when it comoes to rubber stamps my mind shuts down and my hands froze.
My friend Riyo makes her rubber stamps so freely (that's what I see) she even mentioned it's like a therapy.
I envy her.
I knew I would be a person who enjoys making rubber stamps.
But when?

Last week I suddenly realized why l was like that.
Why ---
Because I couldn't image myself using the rubber stamps I made. To me that's a very important point when I make something. If I use it I believe someone in the world also would like it. If I use it, someone in the world also would use it. You know what I mean?

That was my mental block.

So. I decided to make the stamps that I USE.

Sent from Ako's iPhone

Posted via email from woolhug's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please feel free to write anything to me (something nice is always welcome!).